Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Update

I;m still alive, but rather knackered and bruised. I had a great time at the stag weekend, despite passing out at around4 pm Saturday afternoon and not waking up till midnight. Apparently me + swimming + not much food + a few hours in the hot tub + beers doesn't mix very well. Who'd a thunk it?

After spending between 3 and 6 hours each day in either the hot tub or the swimming pool I have developed what I can only describe as a chlorine burn - my skin is sooo tender. I also have several bruises and scratches from the rapids and slides in the pool area, and riding a kid's plastic car down a (small) hill and falling off. The kids car was later modified to fix it's tendancy to lean to the right, and also filled with water to give it more weight. That worked pretty well and we went much farther.

We went for an evening swim on Sunday nigh and loaded up the stag with 200 glow sticks, in a necklace formations round his neck. Once he'd put a t-shirt on over it he looked like a Rob Liefeld drawing come to life. We then gave the glow sticks away to all the kids in the pool (and some adults). It made the kids day, they were so happy! Plus, as it got darker you had loads of little glowing areas all round the pool.

Traditional pranks were played, such as loading up a pizza slice with very hot pepper sauce and feeding it tot he stag. He took it alright, then the best man tried it and nearly died. A pint or so of milk and a few ice cubes later and still looked in insufferable pain. I hated to see it, but a mankini was brought out and worn by the stag, meaning we got to see his nuts and crack and everything. As for any other practical joke, well I missed them due to passing out for most of Saturday.

Tomorrow I'm off to Kent for my sister's wedding, getting a little stressed about it but i'm sure it'll be fine. Although I do miss free comic book day on Saturday :(

I also got some really good news - one of my friends has fallen pregnant! Her and her husband have been thinking about it for a while and I found out Sunday that she's 12 weeks gone! Mate, if you're reading, once more, congratulations!

I shall be back from next week. Happy Mayday everyone!

6 comments:

Jfcfanatic said...

Congrats to both your sister and your friend!

I have to ask though, is "falling" pregnant slang in the UK? I've never heard it here in the US.

Hope the wedding goes well!

Saranga said...

Hellot here..
I guess it's slang, I've never considered it as such but it is a fairly common expression over here.

Jfcfanatic said...

How interesting! In American, using the word falling usually either denotes getting sick (falling ill) or getting hurt (falling down). And while I suppose in the long run she may have fallen down (bed rest perhaps?) or fallen ill (morning sickness, etc.), it's certainly an interesting way of saying it.

Hope all is well!

Jfcfanatic said...

Ok, wow, I just realize I wrote "in American." Although I suppose there is a difference: British English versus American English.

:)

Sea-of-Green said...

Congrats to everyone -- and, WOW, talk about a busy weekend! Here's hoping your recovery went well. ;-)

Saranga said...

Devin: Lol! Don't worry, I definitely think there's a distinction to be made between American and English. The first thing that comes to mind is biscuits and gravy. Over here, gravy is something you put on your roast and biscuits are sweet foodstuffs, including but not limited to cookies.

Sea: I now feel fine! Which is a good sign. all things considered.