Sunday, December 19, 2010

Morrison's Aquaman

I've been reading Grant Morrison's JLA.  If you're gonna try it, start from issue 18, Synchronicity, and stop at number 33, Justice League vs Bruce Wayne.   The rest is a bit so so.  However, there were a couple of things that made he think he really got Arthur.  As I mentioned recently, I love Arthur as King.  He is royalty, he's not like the other Leaguers and his responsibility is on such a different level to them.  These next two pages show this really well:

(Click to embiggen)
The first is from issue #2 of JLA v3.  Arthur is overly pompous and even snooty and Diana is having none of it.  I like Arthur like that, but I also like that Diana will not put up with it.  She is royalty too, after all.

The second scan is from issue 41, towards the end of World War 3 and shows just how immensely badass Arthur can be.

This is definitely my favourite incarnation of him.

4 comments:

notintheface said...

That first scan represents everything i loved about Morrison's Diana.

Eyz said...

Good ol' non-Bat-crazy Morrison...
Good times...good times...

Anonymous said...

All I remember wit Aquaman was that he had a "water hand" a while back... Eh..Morrison's ok in my eyes.-ealperin

Anonymous said...

EDITED!: All I remember with Aquaman was that he had a "water hand" a while back... Eh..Morrison's ok in my eyes.-ealperin