Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year everybody!

I love New Year's eve.  It's a time to be with friends, get a little drunk, and look forward to what the next year will bring.  I don't make resolutions at this time I just relish the company of friends.  2010 has been unbelievably rubbish, not just for me, but for lots of my friends too, so I just hope that 2011 will improve.

In terms of comics hopes, I hope that we will see more comic art like this:



She's strong, beautiful, she has muscles, she looks like a healthy adult woman.  She's got thighs!  She looks like she eats real food!







She's not drawn in off kilter poses, her back isn't twisted, her breasts aren't the focus.  She stands, sits and walks like I do! She has emotion on her face, she's doesn't have plastic features.

I hope for my comics to have more women drawn like this.














Look at the arms on this scan.  There's just a few lines of definition and shading but they add so much to the artwork.  Beautiful.

All scans taken from Power of Shazam issues 16 and 20.
Pencils by Pete Krause, Inks by Mike Manley, colors by Glenn Whitmore, Letters by John Constanza.

3 comments:

Simon B said...

I only ever bought a couple of issues of The Power Of Shazam - the Starman crossover - but it seemed a very well-produced comic. Has it ever been collected?

Anyway, Happy New Year, Saranga! Hope you have a happy and healthy 2011.

Saranga said...

I don't think it has been collected. But overall it's not that great, I've got a post coming up as to why.

Happy new year to you too cerebus! (My boyfriend got the last cerebus trade for Christmas, he's very happy with it)

Simon B said...

One day I might have to write some posts on Dave Sim and Cerebus, but I think it would be a mammoth task. Not as mammoth as producing a 300-issue comics series, obviously :-)