Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Pregnancy after stillbirth: completed

The baby lives! It's a boy, he's healthy and fine and feeding like a demon.
Labour was straightforward - I was put on a drip and it took 4.5 hours. For pain relief I had an epidural and gas and air. Got a first degree tear/graze and recovered really quickly - only had a slight bit of swelling and no muscle pain to speak of.

We are now at home and comfortable and relaxed and content.  Don't expect much blogging from me for the foreseeable future :) 

9 comments:

Jfcfanatic said...

So happy for you! Enjoy that baby! And rest when you can!

Sending you so much love!!!!

Feminist Avatar said...

Congratulations - how wonderful! I hope he brings you lots of joy.

Anonymous said...

Soo happy to read this!! Yay !!! Gives me hope as we count up our weeks for a healthy baby girl. Xx

SallyP said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy that everything worked out, and you have a bouncing bundle of joy!

Saranga said...

Thanks all. :)
Anonymous - you'll get there. I wish you a very boring remaining few weeks and an easy delivery. Demand whatever care you need to get you through this last bit.

HazelxJoy said...

such wonderful news. many, many congratulations!

Simon B said...

I've only just seen this! Sorry it's late but Congratulations! I'm so glad that things have worked out so well for you. All the best for the future with your family.
cerebus 660 ( Simon )

char said...

Congratulations, I missed this as I was away at camp! So happy for you that all went well.

Angela said...

Massive congratulations! I lost track of time and found myself wondering earlier how your pregnancy was going. So pleased for you xx