Thursday, October 10, 2013

Couch to 10k: Week 13, session 1

Because I've got another week before my run I'm copying the official Week 12 plan. So this session was:
EASY VOLUME WEEK!!
Session 1 - 60 min. Run 50 minutes.

It was fine.  I felt like I could have gone on longer, it was no great hardship.  I nearly didn't go out because the weather suddenly turned cold and blustery - it's a proper Autumn now - but on the half hour walk home I convinced myself to at least try the session. As usual, once I was outside it was fine.  The cold was kind of nice because tt  I didn't sweat like a pig.  I was (as always) using my stopwatch to time myself and when it got to 50 minutes I thought I was done.  Then I realised thatose 50 mins included the 5 mins of walking to warm up, so I kept going for another five.  I think I did 4.35 miles in total, at between 10 and 12 minutes a mile.

I'm planning to go out tonight as well.  I feel ready for the proper 10k race now.

Funds raised to date:
£43 from me
£161 from sponsors - thank you!!  Plus $20 from an American sponsor. About £13?
Total: £217 (ish)

Gift aid: £40.25
Total including gift aid: £257.25  And yaayyyyy I've exceeded my target!  Thank you all ! So pleased!

No comments: