Friday, September 06, 2013

Couch to 10k: Week 9, session 3

54 min. Run 10 minutes. Walk 1 minute. Do this 4 times.


As I started this I was thinking how 10 minute runs now don't faze me at all.  I kept thinking this until about round 3 of running/walking and it suddenly felt quite hard.  Then on the final round my knees started hurting a bit.  I think this is down to a combination of things - Monday's monster run, only one day off inbetween training sessions and the half bottle of wine I drank last night.  I'm not worried.  I think I did 3.97 miles of running today, if my internet map based guessitmate are correct.


I am giving myself the weekend off and then going out on Monday/Wednesday/Friday next week, probably.  I've got a feeling Monday might destroy me...  It can't be as hard as last Monday's session can it??


I didn't see much wildlife today.  It has been drizzling all day which is probably why.  there were few insects out and only one bird or two.  There were very few people out too, which meant it was very peaceful.


I've only got 4 weeks left of training.  Blimey.  I'm so impressed I've got so far.  I never thought I'd be able to do this.  Give me a few weeks and I might call myself a runner.  Maybe.


Funds raised:
Total: £191
Breakdown: £31 from me, £128 from sponsors, £32 in gift aid.

How amazing and generous people are!  Thank you all!
You can sponsor me and find out about my charity of choice here.

No comments: