Tuesday, September 18, 2012

#EverydaySexism

I went to buy a new rucksack a few weeks ago.  I needed something fairly small as I don't want to strain my back and I use a pannier on my bicycle for big things.  I headed into the local Cotswolds shop and found their only small rucksack.  It was purple.  Well that's ok, thought I.  Purple is quite nice.  then, whilst searching for the price, I found the description.


What? Whaaaaatttt?  It's a fecking rucksack.  There is more:

The blurb says:
This women's specific rucksack makes a great companion on the hill, whilst the internal organiser makes it ideal for commuting to school, the office or the gym.

The internal organisiser is a useless bit of material separating the main space from the back of the rucksack.  The internal pocket is non existent.  I feel patronised and fooled because I've bought an inferior product (inferior because of the stupid non existent internal pocket).

For reference, this is what it looks like.  It's by Berghaus:


 Arrrggggghhhhjjjj!


(Title is hashtagged for the benefit of twitter)

No comments: