Thursday, October 30, 2008

So, there's an election coming up I hear?

In case any Americans haven't seen this:

http://www.cnnbcvideo.com/?nid=vh52VPDtPwCvGbWwlZ.YHDcyNDk3MzA-

I like. I sent it to a friend, who sent it on to her cousin in Texas, who then sent it on to people she knew, and then my friend's cousin sent her back some responses she got, one of which was along the lines of 'are you fucking insane I'm not voting for a Muslin* to be President'.

1. What's wrong with having a Muslim as President? Muslim does not equal terrorist.
2. Mr Obama is Christian, not Muslim.

Here's hoping you all vote for Obama on Tuesday. I'm going to an election party in Brighton on Tuesday so I'll be watching the outcome as it happens.

EDIT: Damn my typos. I meant musliM not musliN. The email didn't say muslin either. I presume most people know the difference between a type of cloth and a religious choice.

2 comments:

Sea-of-Green said...

Oh, I was one of those people who voted EARLY, never fear. :-)

And, yep, there's nothing like a presidential election to bring out the REALLY scary dumbasses that exist within American society. I KNEW there was a reason why we always held elections so close to Halloween! ;-)

Christian Zamora said...

That video is genius. It's a real interesting way to promote people voting. Of course, I side with Obama even if I'm not from the States, but either way, the communication approach is quite good.

I work on advertising and I passed that link around my office.

And for those that have so much problems with Muslims, they should watch "Aliens in America" sometime ;)