Sunday, June 08, 2008

For the love of god DC

I'm really really bored with all these Crisis-es. Really bored. It's been, what, 2 or 3 years of buildup? Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis, 52, then Countdown, now final crisis. Have a I missed anything? 52 was good,I enjoyed that. I just wish they'd collected the extra bits at the end of the comics, the history of the DCU bits and the origins stories, into the trades. Or into another book I coudla bought. grrr.
anyway now they've killed off J'onn J'onzz. why? just to spice things up a bit? god i'm bored with all this.
and I couldn't get a copy of manhunter #31 or the robin/spoiler special because my shop had sold out of both in one day. grr. got them on order now which is ok.
I did get the new Buffy and supergirl issues though and my god they were good. Kara is now her own person, she's not a pale imitation of Clark. the storyline and Kara herself has depth and maturity. It was really really good. and the Buffy one was also fantastic. it took a while for this comic to get into the flow of things, but Wolves at the Gate has been a really really good story arc. Giant mecha Dawn fighting realy Dawn on the streets of tokyo! with a tail! Buffy jumping off the building to save Willow was also made of cool. and Dracula and Xander's conversation at the end. and buffy comforting Xander. so many good things. so many! loved it.
i also forgot to get Trinity #1. Should I buy? Should I wait for the trade? but oh how I love those 3 together. hmm. what to do, what to do.

No comments: