Sunday, July 16, 2006

Big blue boy scout

Well fuck me. Just been to the Superman movie. AWESOME. Amazing. I fell in love again. He's wonderful.

Brandon Routh does well. Not anywhere near Christopher Reeve (RIP) of course, but the boy done good. So Lois was shockingly awful. Where's the balls missis? The attitude? Bad casting. And her wet blanket fiancee. But, Lex was brilliantly done. They used Marlon Brando's speeches from the first movie. The references to C Reeves incarnation were well done. The kid was pretty cool. Jimmy Olsen! I like. Kitty, also great. Loving her. The action was superb. Not enough dialogue, but I guess that's a general problem with blockbusters nowadays. They kept the theme music!

I'm in love. I'm so excited. I'm quite damp.

This weekend has been great. Par-tay at Big Gy Tim's place Friday. Latitude on Saturday. Pati Smith - Amazing. Wonderful. Superb. Dancing Barefoot! Because the Night! Finishing with Gloria! Redondo Beach. Finally listened to her lyrics properly. Came out of that gig with palpitatiosn I tell ya. David Ford, ex of easyworld, pretty shit hot too. He got a standing ovation at the end of the set! British Sea Power - subdued audience, branches, and terrible sound mixing so you coudn't hear the vocals. But good nonetheless. Mojave 3 and Das Wanderlust and Findlay someone, also notable.

The boyfriend is asleep so can't wibble to him about the film. Gonna compare notes with blonde laura and my sister about it when they have seen it. Can't wait!

No comments: