Thursday, August 29, 2013

Couch to 10k: Week 8, session 2

38 min. Run 3 minutes. Walk 1 minute. Do this 7 times.

East recovery week my hairy arse.  I went out after work, like I said I would in the last blog post.  I don't know if it's because I last went out two days ago, or if I wasn't hydrated enough, or if I was a bit peckish, or because I'd been cycling a bit more than normal today, but this session was hard work.

The last easy recovery week (chronicled here, here and here) was much easier than this. Pox.  I've been persuading myself to keep going by reminding myself that week 4's recovery was dead simple.  Now it turns out it's not.  And because I'm out all Saturday and busy most of Sunday I'm going to have to do the final session for this week tomorrow after work.  Pox pox pox.

Bah.

Then the first session of next week is really hardcore: 68 min. Run 10 minutes/walk 1 minute; Run 15 minutes/walk 1 minute. Run 20 minutes/walk 1 minute. Run 10 minutes.

Argh.

And there was me on Tuesday thinking everything was fine and that I could possibly skip ahead a week or so.

Bugger that.

On the plus side, I am succeeding in raising money for the Abortion Support Network.  Total tally to date is: £49.50.  That's £27 from me, £18 in donations from lovely, lovely people and £4.50 in gift aid.

To everyone who has donated money - THANK YOU!  On those sessions which are difficult knowing that I'm getting funds to ASN really does help me keep going.  Thank you.

If you'd like to sponsor me you can do so here or give directly to ASN here.  The Abortion Support Network provide money to Irish women needing to travel to the UK for abortions.

No comments: