Thursday, August 29, 2013

Couch to 10k - Week 8 Session 1

EASY RECOVERY WEEK!!!
54 min. Run 10 minutes. Walk 1 minute. Do this 4 times. 

I’m writing this a couple of days after I did the run (on Tuesday) because my eyes have been a bit funny this week and I’ve wanted to stay off the computer.  As such I’m struggling a bit to think about how it went.  I ate some insects by mistake. I got chased/jumped at by a couple of dogs. I really wish people would keep their dogs under control.  Every time I freeze and look scared I’m told ‘it’s OK, he/she won’t bite’.  Yeah well I don’t know that, and to be honest, you the owner doesn’t really know that either.  When I was a small child a terrier bit me on my cheek and I had stitches, so I’m a bit skittish around boisterous dogs anyway.  I don’t mind them running alongside me, but I do get afeard when big ones jump at me, to face level, and bark.

As for the run, it felt comfortable.  I did the same route I did for week 7, session 1, as this is exactly the same running plan (10 mins/1 min), but this week I extended it a bit, as by the time I’d got the part of the route where I started my 5 minute cool down last week, this week I still had another 5 minutes of running to do.  So, I think that means I was faster this week – I was out for the same amount of time but I did a longer route.  If my maths is correct it means I'm faster, but heaven knows my mental arithmetic is awful so I could be wrong.

At one point of the route I decided to go uphill.  I had to stop after about 5 seconds and walk it, because I can’t do hills.  But I did do the full 10 minutes of running once I was at the top.

It’s not Thursday and I think I’ll go out again tonight.  I feel like I need to stretch my legs.  It will only be a 38 minute session so I think I’ll do that.


Total money raised: £48.50.  That's £26 from me, £18 in donations from lovely, lovely people and £4.50 in gift aid.

So here's the usual reminder: If you'd like to sponsor me you can do so here or give directly to ASN here.  The Abortion Support Network provide money to Irish women needing to travel to the UK for abortions.  

No comments: