Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Couch to 10k : Week 6 session 1

Session 1 - 52 min. Run 5 minutes. Walk 1 minute. Do this 7 times.

This was hard. Really, really hard.

I did my 5 minute warm up walk, then realised I was at the bottom of a hill.  Decided to start running halfway up the hill.

Halfway through the wood I turned my ankle - I didn't sprain it or anything but it sort of buckled and I had to walk on it, not run, for the next few minutes till it stopped being tender.

Then I took more care and mostly ran on flat, easy pavement.

It was hard.  This is the first session I've run for 5 minutes at a time.  I got the hang of not checking my watch every minute, and just kept going for what felt like an inordinate amount of time, until about round 4 when each second felt like an age.

I finished the last running round a few seconds early.  I  had to spend a few seconds in one of the running rounds walking.

It was hard.

I didn't quite manage the full 4.5 mile route which means I'm slower than I thought.  Instead I did about 4 miles.

I came back cranky. I didn't feel invigorated, well exercised or like I'd achieved anything.  I nearly gave up.  I wanted to give up.

When I woke up this morning and walked down the stairs my knees and legs were complaining.

At least the next session is 3 mins running/1 min walking.  But next Tuesday I have to run for 10 minutes at a time.  That I am dreading.

Not much wildlife to report.  Only crickets, blackbirds and pigeons.

I'm using this training to fundraise for the Abortion Support Network (ASN).  I have set up a MyDonate page so you can sponsor me there or give directly to ASN.

PLEASE help me make this torture worthwhile.

15/08/2013 Edit:  I forgot to add in the running total!
Total raised: £22.75.  That includes the £1 from me for today's session, plus a donation via MyDonate for 3.75 (including gift aid). Thank you thank you thank you!!

No comments: