Saturday, August 03, 2013

Couch to 10k - Week 4, session 2

Fundraising for @abortionsupport.

Week 4, Easy Recovery week.
Session 2 - 30 min. Run 2 minutes. Walk 2 minutes. Do this 5 times.

It is an easy recovery week!  I did this on Thursday morning, before work (writing this on Saturday morning)  and although I was groggy and so it took me a while to get going, it wasn't hard at all.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still out of breath when I'm running and I couldn't talk while I'm running, but it felt fine.

In terms of wildlife I ran through several spider webs, saw various butterflies and a flock of blue tits, which was lovely.

My legs were still rather tired from the previous session, I usually leave 3 days not 2 between the first two sessions of the week, so I was nervous about how I'd cope, but it was actually fine.  Later that day and on the Friday my legs stopped feeling tired, which was great.  I even went to the gym for 2.5 hours on Friday after work and was fine.

I haven't been to the gym for about 6 weeks - I used to go 3 times a week for 1.5 hour sessions.  I'd walk on the treadmill for 35 - 40 minutes, then do the rowing machine for 15 - 20 minutes, then finish up on the cross trainer.  What with the hot weather we've been having and starting this running programme (new exercise is SO tiring) I haven't wanted to go, but on Thursday evening I was feeling really frustrated like I hadn't exercised enough.  So I went on Friday and walked out my fury.  It was great.

I will do the final easy recovery running session either today (Saturday) or tomorrow (Sunday).  I'm looking forward to it.  I'm also excited about starting the next stage of the programme - run 3 minutes. Walk 1 minute - which a week ago I was dreading!

Go me, I may yet become a runner!

Total money raised for ASN: £12 (£1 for the running session and £1 for the gym session)

If you'd like to help me finish this running programme please donate to ASN.  You don't have to tell me you've done it - I know abortion is a sensitive subject - but please do consider it.  ASN's newsletters give information about the women they've helped.  The Irish Family Planning Association (IFPA) provides information about abortion and Irish law.

Thank you for reading.

No comments: