Friday, August 23, 2013

Couch to 10k: Week 7, session 2

40 min. Run 4 minutes. Walk 1 minute. Do this 6 times.

I did this after session after work today.  I pushed myself and went faster than usual.  Consequently I was huffing and puffing a bit more. I was running for a total of 30 minutes (split into 4 minute rounds) which means I probably ran about 3 miles.  I am now pretty tired, which I put down to two things:
Pushing myself to go faster and take longer strides
Only having 1 day's rest between sessions

Once I'd got home from work I didn't really want to go out, but as soon as I was out in the woodland I felt happy about being there.  The smell of you outside is wonderful.  On my way round the woodland I scared about 5 blackbirds, within a 10foot stretch.  They just kept popping out from the undergrowth!  I also scared some bunnies.

And hey, I'm halfway through the training programme!  Go me!

If you'd like to sponsor me you can do so here or give directly to ASN here.  You can read about the work they do in their latest news bulletin, here.

Total money raised: £27.75

No comments: