Sunday, August 04, 2013

Couch to 10k: Week 4, session 3

Easy recovery week
Session 3 - 40 min. Run 2 minutes. Walk 3 minutes. Do this 6 times.

This was dead easy.  I feel a lot more relaxed about the next phase now. 

I felt a lot better, emotionally, after I'd gone out.  I originally intended to go to the gym after the run but I couldn't bear the thought of being inside with no natural light when it's so lovely outside.  So I stomped round the heath instead, bullying it into giving up it's geographical secrets.  I did that for 40 minutes.  I think I now understand the geography.  At least I did when I was going round.  I may have forgotten by Tuesday when I go out again.

The inside of my left ankle feels rather strange.  I don't know why.  I hope it won't be a problem.  My right knee also felt a bit weak when I started the first running bit, but that was soon fine.  My running shoes are great. I love them!

No wildlife to report this time.  I was too busy trying desperately to remember where I had been and where I was in relation to landmarks to look at the wildlife.  So instead, have a look at some wildflowers in my garden.  They bloomed just 2 days ago and have been covered in solitary bees since:


Total money raised for ASN: £14 (Today's contributions are £1 for the running session and £1 for the understanding-where-the-hell-I-am session)

If you'd like to help me finish this running programme please donate to ASN.  You don't have to tell me you've done it - I know abortion is a sensitive subject - but please do consider it.  ASN's newsletters give information about the women they've helped.  The Irish Family Planning Association (IFPA) provides information about abortion and Irish law.

Thank you for reading.

No comments: