Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Couch to 10k - Week 5, session1

Session 1 - 46 min. Run 3 minutes. Walk 1 minute. Do this 9 times.

A quick reminder - in order to encourage me to do this I am seeking sponsorship, with funds going to the Abortion Support Network, who provide grants for Irish women to access abortions in England.  I am supporting them because women without access to safe, legal abortions get seriously hurt or die (the Dirty Dancing film portrays this quite well), and I do not believe it is ethical to force women to carry babies they don't want.

On to the run report..

I was quite apprehensive about this as it seems a round of running for 3 mins/walking for 1 min, repeating 9 times seems awful difficult.  As turned out, it wasn't too difficult.  I have renewed faith in this running programme.  But oh jeez I am bloody knackered now.

The 1 minute walks felt like brief momentary respites, but worked well enough.  I got a bit of a stitch at about 28 and a half minutes, which may or may not have had something to do with the fact I was running up a slight incline at the time.  I emphasise slight.  I live in the flatlands.  It's pathetic.  Me that is, not the scenery.

I feel very calm about the next two sessions for this week.  I think I'll do session 2 by running home from work.  I feel in control and like I could actually manage to run for 5 minutes at a go this time next week.  Isn't enthusiasm a wonderful thing?  I wonder how long my enthusiasm will last...!!!

Total money raised for ASN, including today's £1 donation: £15
If you would like to sponsor me and help me complete this programme please donate to ASN.

No comments: