Sunday, February 20, 2011

Superman action!

Superman talks about personal responsibility:
From Adventures of Superman 431.

In somewhat more amusing strips, I also found these recently:
I dont know where this came from originally.  Does anyone know?

And then there's this, which sent me to the urban dictionary:

From here.  I assumed Supermanning meant sex.  It doesn't.  Apparently to superman a woman means a man masturbating over her back, usually while she's asleep, so that when she wakes the sheets are stuck to her back, ala Superman's cape.  According to Urban Dictionary this is considered a punishment for not having sex with the guy.

And now, I can't get that bloody song out of my head.


6 comments:

SallyP said...

I...did not know that. The things that you learn on the internet!

Eyz said...

That Golden Age-like comic comes from here:
http://kerrycallen.blogspot.com/2011/01/invulnerability-doesnt-solve-all.html

I also was gonna post it on my blog :P
It's pretty amazing, spot-on visually^^

LissBirds said...

I love that Golden Age one. It really is spot-on!

Saranga said...

Thanks for the info guys!

Steve said...

That's a term I hadn't heard before. Seems there's a name for everything! Not sure what the song is either?

Saranga said...

It's and awful (in my opinion - I like some rap, but this song's rubbish) rap tune. When it came out youtube videos of people (usually women, IIRC) dancing and singing to it went viral. It's very catchy, but ultimately, far too pop sounding for me.