Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Everybody's commenting on Elizabeth Bear

Gah, even the F Word and a Guardian columnist responding to a post from Elizabeth Bear here. Yonmei has also included some links. The first thing I noticed about Bear was on Seeking Avalon: here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here, amongst others.

Bear responded to Willow's open letter here. Oh god, some, well a lot of, the comments are stupid. Both on Bear's site and Willow's. I don't have much more to add on this, except that I think Willow had a lot of damn good points, and yes, I side with her in this argument. Me? Not so concise or with the ability to explain right now. Especially when dealing with the stupid people. Dear god, why are some people so deliberately fucking obstructive and stupid?

One other thing that I have noticed, and enjoy, is how stuff like this gets picked up around the internet. Why is Bidisha at the Guardian so slow to blog about it for instance? I wish I could see map of how posts get commented on and reacted to.

No comments: