Sunday, January 11, 2009

3 weeks of comics

I had a lot of stuff to pick up on Friday as I hadn't been to the shop since the week before Christmas. Unfortunately I have a cold so when reading the books didn't really take in a lot. I can't face re-reading them now as I feel worse than on Friday, and I can't face reviewing 20 odd in a week's time. So this will make for some pretty short and possibly odd reviews.

Spoilers ahead for: Superman & Batman vs Vampires and Werewolves 6, Superman 683, Supergirl Cosmic Adventures in the 8th grade 2, Teen Titans 66, Terror Titans 4, Buffy 21, Superman/Supergirl Maelstrom 4 and 5.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Superman & Batman vs Vampires and Werewolves 6 - can't remember much. When I re-read the whole mini I'll probably like it in a schlocky sort of way,

Superman 683 - I can't work out what the cover has to do with the story inside. A nice appearance by the JLA and the magic corps, and the art, especially the colours, is as ever lovely.

Supergirl Cosmic Adventures in the 8th grade 2 - Cute. Very very cute. And I've just noticed this is a mini. I've had it in my head it's an ongoing. Damnation. This deserves to be an ongoing.

Teen Titans 66 - Good. I'm disappointed those on the cover aren't necessarily gonna join the group.
Kara isn't gonna join
Speedy says she has to look after Ollie - In what sense? In the GA/BC book Mia has just gone to London, and at no point was she looking after Ollie
Bombshell I think will join under duress
I've never seen Traci13 before, but I gather she's the Blue Beetle's girlfriend - nice dialogue from Jaimie trying to convince her not to join
The Knight in Shining Armour or whatever she/he is called has taken offence to Red Devil (wonderful shot of Eddie legging it)
I can't remember about Klarion
Misfit def wants to join, please let her in!
Spoiler I was confused about what's she's doing
Lastly, Timmy is leaving the group :( But Cassie now gets to lead, hurrah! She's earned it and is now mature enough to handle it I think. Not so whiny now.

Terror Titans 4 - well the cover is wrong.
Rose's reflection in the sword doesn't match her actual hair.
I had been led to believe there would be more Terra in this one too. *scowls*

Buffy 21 - Did not like. At all.

Superman/Supergirl Maelstrom 4 and 5 - the conversations between the two of them worked very well. the set up, using Maelstrom and Kal's reasoning to get them to the red planet, didn't. I have mixed feelings about this mini which I won't be able to reconcile until I re-read it as a whole.

No comments: