Monday, May 16, 2011

That kerfuffle about Superman and Guy Gardner (not together)

I don't really understand the opposition to Superman giving up his US citizenship.  As I read it, he gave it up because he didn't want to be used a s political pawn (i.e. much the same reason as he refused to say which party he supported in the Decisions mini).  It wasn't because he was ashamed of being American (even if he had issues with the current administration's actions).

I guess it's a culture difference thing.  I just can't imagine British people becoming indignant and hurt is one of our heroes refuted their British citizenship.  Granted, we don't really have a lot of British heroes (Captain Beefeater doesn't count), but my point still stands, I think.

Green Lantern Emerald Warriors
I bought the issue and I STILL don't know what's meant to be happening in this picture. 
It makes no more sense in context.  Unless you read the whole comic as Guy wanting to jump Hal's bones.   This doesn't stop me loving it though!

4 comments:

Maddy said...

LOL at that panel.

What issue is it from?

Saranga said...

it's GL Emerald warriors #8.

SallyP said...

Hal just THINKS that Guy wants to jump his bones. Hal is like that.

Saranga said...

True.