Sunday, September 01, 2013

Couch to 10k: Week 8, session 3

Easy Recovery Week: 46 min. Run 5 minutes. Walk 1 minute. Do this 6 times.

I did this on Friday but was too busy to write up the report then.  This was far, far easier than Thursday's horrendous session.  I have decided that it is easier to run for 5 or 10 minutes straight than it is to run for 3.

Although this was meant to be an easy recovery week, I suspect I have done it wrong.  I went out Tuesday, Thursday and Friday which didn't give me much recovery time.  However, due to upcoming-going-away-plans, I now need to switch my training days to start on Monday each week, and not Tuesday.  I knew I'd be too busy to go out today (Sunday) so I went out Friday instead.

I will do the next session tomorrow, and I am a little apprehensive.  It goes like this:
68 min. Run 10 minutes/walk 1 minute; Run 15 minutes/walk 1 minute. Run 20 minutes/walk 1 minute. Run 10 minutes.

From now on the training sessions are all of 43 to 72 minutes in length, so will require far more of my time.   On the plus side, I only have 5 weeks left.  Or is that a plus?  It doesn't seem like very long.  When I go out tomorrow I think I will be running about 5.5 miles, which is 1.2 off what I need to be able to do.  That makes it seem OK.  I really, really want to be able to run 10k in 1 hour, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

I'm sorry I don't have more to say about Friday's training.  I was in London all Saturday and have been out today and I am very tired and Friday now seems very long ago.  I shall try to make the report on tomorrow's session a bit more detailed.

Total tally of money raised is an amazing £88! That's £28 from me, £48 in donations from lovely, lovely, generous people and £12 in gift aid.  My goal of raising £200 actually seems possible now!

THANK YOU to all who have sponsored me!  You are amazingly kind, generous, wonderful thoughtful people.

If you'd like to sponsor me you can do so here or give directly to ASN here - they provide money to Irish women needing to travel to the UK for abortions.

No comments: