Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Oh this I just have to post

So, y'all should know by now that I love the dickish version of Guy Gardner.  Imagine my delight when I came across him in Adventures of Superman, in the 80s, and so at his prime dickish stage.  Feast your eyes on these:
 It's grim and gritty!  Grrr!!  True story - my massuese got me to pull the sam expression as Supes and Hal there to help me into a stretch to fix my tight neck muscles.


Oh Guy, don't ever change.  Oh wait you did.  Bugger.  We all know I'm a feminist and all, but I think I'd date this version of Guy Gardener in a second.  It must be my weakness for cocky men coming through.

4 comments:

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

Great cover! Did Supes give guy a speech about peeping after...??

Saranga said...

i believe there were soem comments after, yes.

Eyz said...

Aaaah... :)

Good ol' douchey Guy!
Gotta love his "golden years" XD
Though for some reason, I also liked the amnesic sweet Guy as he appeared in the early JLI and many other related books for a while.

SallyP said...

Oh I do have this particular book, and it is a hoot. Guy is so delightfully bombastic, not to mention obnoxious throughout the whole thing. Superman just keeps sighing through the whole thing. He and Guy never really have ever gotten along.

And then there is the bit where Guy grabs a hold of Superman's cape.

Oh, the joy.