Saturday, March 12, 2011

Donating to disaster relief organisations

This is a pretty good article about the Do's and Don'ts of donating to disaster relief funds.  It's well worth reading.  I'd particularly like to emphasise the Don't Earmark Funds' section - this is something that applies to any charity or not for profit that you donate to.   Please, please trust the organisation you are donating to to know how to use their funds!  Having worked in the charitable sector (on budgets, on projects, on finance), I feel this is something really important that people should understand.



Meanwhile, I'm gonna put my scheduled posts back into draft form, because it just seems incredibly crass to go on about normal stuff at the moment, given the scale of the Japanese disaster.  And yes, I do take things to heart.  No, I don't know anyone in Japan.

No comments: