Sunday, November 16, 2008

Comics of the week

Not too well received by me actually.. Probably because I read them whilst in view of strangers – not something I like doing, I’m a very private person – or whilst drunk.

Short spoilers follow for Green Arrow/Black Canary 14, Action Comics 871, Manhunter 36, Final Crisis – Resist, Supes & Bats vs Vampires and Werewolves, Booster Gold 14.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Green Arrow/Black Canary 14
Did not like. The art looked very off and this new Connor seems flat, no depth. He seems like a slightly angry shell.
Also, last Judd Winick issue. This makes me sad.

Action Comics 871
Nightwing and Flamebird! Hurrah hurrah hurrah! Oh look they are on the cover too, I hadn’t noticed that.
My first thought was they each looked very like the Flamebird hanger on seen in Teen Titans occasionally, and like Dick Grayson. Very Battish symbol he’s got. Also, I was inexplicably reminded of Hawk and Dove.

Manhunter 36
Crap art.

Final Crisis: Resist
I thought everyone in the blogosphere was joking when they said Snapper Carr got boinked by Cheetah. That was a surprise to see they weren’t.
I didn’t know Snapper had teleportation powers now. He’s not as annoying as he used to be.

Supes & Bats vs Vampires and Werewolves 3
Rubbish. Probably due to my being drunk when reading it.

Booster Gold 14
Not as funny as it should have been. Possibly due to strangers or being drunk.

No comments: