Monday, November 17, 2008

Aquaman round up

So, I'm in a marginally better mood than yesterday, yay me. So I thought I'd post various Aquaman covers (and one piece of end art) for your viewing pleasure. They range from wonderfully colourful to just sublime or really powerful.




This one was the last apnel from the previous issue. Oh Arthur, so much pain.

Incidentally, I realised from the Pulp heroes annual that I actually do know the structure of the classic detective story, and I think the first story in that set is in a film noir style (I say think because I'm not sure what film noir actually is).
Anyway, that particular annual is highly reccomended, the first story about Tusky the missing walrus is brilliant. And Dolphin makes a perfect 1940s style receptionist.

3 comments:

Christian Zamora said...

I so liked tragic Aquaman when I was a kid. I dig even more "teased" Aquaman from these nowadays. The thing I never got was angry Aquaman. It kind of doesn't fit the character.

Sea-of-Green said...

Say what you will about Aquaman, but he is a darn PRETTY man!

Saranga said...

I think him and Ollie are making me crush on beardy men. Hmmm.