Saturday, July 24, 2010

News from SDCC

Which I am obviously not at, being British and skint.  I am however following DCwomenkicknass on twitter and getting lots of info from her.  So, the news..

  • New Flash ongoing for next year, including BART and Wally and Jesse and Iris!  Woot woot! So even if Krul's Teen Titans turns out terrible I'll get my Bart fix somewhere else. Hurrah


  • News about Wonder Woman's new direction (I don't know how to do screen shots I just copied and pasted the text, I don't know where the numbers have come from :/) :
  1. dcwomenkickingass dcwomenkicknass Schrödinger's cat. is key to Wonder Woman according to JMS. Oh boy.
  2.  
  3. Meg White WonderWomanV2 What the actual fuck? RT @dcwomenkicknass Schrödinger's cat. is key to Wonder Woman according to JMS. Oh boy  
  4. Meg White WonderWomanV2 @dcwomenkicknass Because fans can't know if you killed her so long as they just keep the book shut?  

I enjoyed that exchange.  I think this backs up my theory of this new directions lasting 12 issues then the timeline is pinged back to normal.

  • The Green Lantern movie will apparently take us to Oa and we will see all 3600 Lanterns - They'd better not fuck up the CGI on that.  Or go 3D.  3D doesn't work very well when you already wear glasses.
  •  Gail Simone is thinking really really hard about whether to have Babs walk again.  I say no.
  • And here is a report on the Writing Queer: Creating and Writing LGBT Characters” panel moderated by Justin Hall and including Gilbert Hernandez, Greg Rucka, Gail Simone, Judd Winick, Paige Braddock and Howard Cruse.
  • Batman is gonna be turned into a franchise - Batman Inc.  What a terrible, terrible idea.

Well that's all the stuff I was interested in.  I say again, hurrah for a Bart book!
Gods I wish I was at the comi-con.

2 comments:

LissBirds said...

"@dcwomenkicknass Because fans can't know if you killed her so long as they just keep the book shut?" AH-HAHAHAHA!! Love it.

I hope Babs doesn't walk again, as mean as that sounds. I think it's good to have a hero with a disability. It's empowering for people who have chronic health issues like me, and she's a great role model for kids. Plus she proves that brains can trump brawn any day!

"Batman, Inc." Is that the title of a new comic?

Saranga said...

I'd rather Babs doens't walk again. i find her far more interesting as oracle and tbh I don't think she's hindered by her disability. She can hold her own in a fight as much as anyone else - the oracle mini and blackest night proved that. also, it is important to have people with disabilities doing well in our pop culture. you need a role model, you need variety and you need places to show that being in a wheelchair isn't a disaster.

I believe that Batman Inc is the name of the new title, yes.