Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The sweet sound of hard consonants and soft signs

It's that time of the week again. Just back from my Russian class. For once it didn't go too horribly; I even came back remembering some words. Remember kids:
Word order is not fixed in russian.
There is no generic word for food.
How your teacher spells a word and how your dictionary spells a word may not be the same. Inexplicably, both seem to be correct.

I seem to have found the verb endings a wee bit easier and there wasn't an oh god I just want to cry at the hopelessness of it all moment. Yay me. And I found out what British Sign Language was in Russian. In case you want to know:

Britaneskii znakovi yazik

Wish I had a Russian alphabet keyboard.

Other good things:
Good day at work - my ideas for alterations to a document seemed to be well received by my boss.
The tosser has only 2 days to go. (Or is it one?)
It is Spring!!! It's rainy, Spring rainy not about-to-turn-into-hail-and-snow-rainy and it's definitely getting warmer, and it's light till about 6 now. Roll on the Spring. God I need some natural light again.

No comments: