Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Yule!!

It's the Winter Solstice today!  Shortest day of the year, hurrah!  From tomorrow the day start getting longer, thank fuck.

I do not like Winter.  I hate the cold, I hate the ice, I hate all this snow we've been getting.  Yeah it's pretty, but I'd like the sun back on my skin please.  I won't really be celebrating the Solstice in style  tonight as my choir will be doing our last performance of the year - a Christmas service at a local church.  However when I get home I'll light the candles, burn some incense, sit with the boyfriend and just reflect for a bit.  I will have a proper celebration on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - it's more conventional, we have friends over and we aren't working.   My new found vegetarianism will lapse for this holiday, as it will for the other 7 holidays.


Hurrah for longer days!  Have a meery Solstice all :)

No comments: