Monday, January 07, 2013

Comic review - Smallville and Ame-Comi Girls (and a bit of coming out in comics)

Spoilers ahead for Smallville 26 & 27


Smallville 26
It’s got Impulse!  Still in character for the TV show, not the comics.  Clark now speaks Hindi.  I do not believe that.  He’s not the brightest.
 
Smallville 27
Now Clark speaks French.  Hmmm.  I still don’t buy this.  Smash_is_nerdy suggested that he used the rosetta stone.
More excitingly, Bart is being stalked by the black flash, but even more excitingly than that, Monsieur Mallah and the Brain are back!  And they are lovers!  I love comics :)


This makes this a Coming Out in Comics post.  The only other place I've seen them depicted as lovers is in Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol run.
Of course, I only assume they are gay because I read the Brain as male.  Has the Brain's gender ever been confirmed?  Perhaps he's referred to as 'he'.  Right now I have no idea.

Last week I also read ame-comi girls.  I have decided that despite the skimpy costumes, this is the comic I would be most happy giving to kids.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Wait...Mallah and the Brain are back from the dead? This can only be a good thing.

Saranga said...

only in the smallville comic. which isn't new 52 canon. sadly.