Sunday, November 04, 2012

A belated happy halloween!

I didn't get a Halloween post up in time.  Didn't even write one before the day.  It was on my mind though.  I'd been thinking about it's significance for the couple of weeks prior to it, but I didn't manage to celebrate in quite the style I wanted.  I was going to take some time out to remember those people I have known who have died, and I was going to make a dinner with pumpkin in, and cook a pumpkin pie, and carve a pumpkin.

As it happens I went and saw a friend after work, to pay back some money I owed and then we got to discussing work issues.  By the time I got home I only had time to do a pizza, and then at 8 we started on the pumpkin pie, and the first pastry went wrong, so we didn't finish till 10pm.

I did get my altar set up though:
Despite the fact I didn't celebrate as planned, I still feel it was a good day.  As many of you probably know pagans regards Halloween as the death of the year.  From that point of view, I was bloody glad when Halloween rolled around because this last year has been poxy.  I've been really stressed doing my BSL course and then my boyfriend had his bicycle accident 10 weeks ago.  And we're selling our house.  I was originallyhoping to move into the new place on Halloween (new house, new year, all the jazz) but delays upon delays has meant we still don't have a move date.  Argh.  So, I'm very glad it's a new year.  I feel re-energised, more optimistic, more relaxed.

I want to complete by remembering those who have died.  Caroline, Bill and Lily.  I miss you and wish I'd known you better.
May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
And the rains fall soft upon your fields
Until we meet again
May Love hold you in the hollow of her hand

No comments: