Sunday, May 20, 2012

Super Silly Sunday

I'm still alive...!!

I recedntly read a few Teen Titans series and was struck by the ridiculousness of some of them.  The series is by Judd Winick and Ian Churchill.  Now, i usually like Judd Winick, or at least, I liked his Green Arrow run, a lot, and I like Batwing, but these stories were mediocre.  As for Churchill, he's a porr man's Michael Turner, without any of the life or movement.  The following scans are the final pages issues 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 respectively.  5, 6 and 7 are the final panels on each page, which took up the bottom half of each page.








They are ALL horrible.  The art's bad the poses are bad, the story telling is bad, the facial expressions are bad.  I mean, what is up with Raven in the last image.  Ugh.  These certainly seemed very silly to me when I read them.  I laughed.