Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gotham Central and shooting Batman

If you follow me on twitter you'll know I've been reading Gotham Central ($71 American, £51 Sterling).  It's really rather good. I have just 4 issues left to read in the series, and I'll mis it when I've finished it.

Surprisingly though, i think I might be turning into a Batman fan.  I've pretty much always been interested in the Bat fmaily, but not so much in Batman.  However the dead Robins storyline (issues 33 to 36) involved one of the cops shooting at Batman, and him punching her in the nose in revenge, then nicking her gun.

She then spends the next few days panicking about what the Captain will say, while the rest fot he cops are tryignt o hide it from the Cap'n, who predictabel goes ballistic when she finds out.  Meanwhile the one civilian in the station is meeting Robin on the roof and arranging to get the gun back.  When the civvy gets it back she tries to give it to the Batman shooting cop but she's all too busy with the dead Robins case to talk to the civvy. When the Captain confronts the Bats shooting cop about shooting Batman and then losing her gun, well it all works out ok and everyone's bacon is saved.

It just reads like a ridiculous little farce, some light entertainment and some incredibly childish adults.  It's great.  And it's made me kind of like Batman.

Weird.

No comments: