Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Oops, meant to post something on wednesday.

It basically said 'life got really busy - new job, lots of things to do in the evenings and lots of things to learn. Back in a week.'

I'll stick to it. Back in a week - I got new readers stuff to do that takes priority.  But before I go, I will leave you with the news that Sterling Gates and Jamal Igle will be off Supergirl as of January.  This news makes me really sad.  You will all probably have picked up on the fact that I'm a massive Supergirl fan and I have really loved Gates and Igle's run on the title.  My only wish is that they had had more standalone issues and less crossover.  I'm gutted they are going.

Nick Spencer and Bernard Chang are taking over.  I think I like Chang.  I don't know Spencer.

4 comments:

notintheface said...

Nick Spencer is writing the Jimmy Olsen backup in Action Comics. If the first installment of that is any indication, you'll like him. (I posted the link on one of my blog posts on Sept. 23, the day after my anti-Winick rant.)

ShellyS said...

I spoke to Chang at NYCC today and expressed the need to draw SG with respect. He had uncolored pages of an upcoming issue he did and it looks fine, so I'm being optimistic. I don't know the writer at all.

James Ashelford said...

Yeah, judging by the Jimmy Olsen preview Nick Spencer is good hands to be leaving Supergirl in.

Saranga said...

ok, i feel more reassured now. Thanks guys!