Friday, April 14, 2006

I have been consuming...

Quite a lot actually. Recently I have:

  • Watched the first half of Buffy Season 6, and put in a bid for the second half on ebay.
  • Finished reading Duncton Wood. It wasn't very good. Bit turgid.
  • Started reading Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara but got utterly disillusioned by the utterly cliched and predictable start. It may be a masterpiece, but quite frankly I can't be arsed. Why is so much fantasy so unimaginative?
  • Went and bought Ursula Le Guin's The Lathe Of Heaven and The Child Garden by Geoff Ryman. I read The Lathe of Heaven this afternoon. It was excellent, as Ms Le Guin's books always are. I have high hopes for The Child Garden.
  • I have recently received or obtained GirlsVsBoys Series 7 soundtrack, a Ben E King compilation and a Gladys KNight and the Pips compilation. All are good.

I have decided that way forward to get my fantasy and sf fix is to read the masterworks series. And to get more shelf space. And a spinny CD rack thing.

No comments: