Thursday, July 23, 2020

SPN recap - Season 6 episode 1

I have decided not to write up Se3 - 5 before viewing 6. Because it will take me forever.  I will watch what I like and blog it when I like. Hah. take that my compulsive needs to order things brain.

Episode 1- Exile on Main Street.  This is kind of a live blog thing...

After Sam jumped into the pit to keep Lucifer away from humanity at the end of Season 5, Dean is living with Lisa and her son Ben, having a normal life.
He finds signs of werewolves and demons and then Sam is back.  He doesn't know why.  Dean is distraught because Sammy has been back for a year... Now I know where this storyline is going this is a really hard watch.  Poor Dean.
Aaaannd now the bloody Campbells are here.  This is the first season where I genuinely didn't like 50% of the plot.

Aaarrgghhhhh Bobby knew Sam was alive, what the everloving fuck.  Right now I really dislike Bobby.

When I first watched this I wanted Dean to stay with Lisa and Ben, whilst still hunting. I wanted the domestic life alongside the hunting, I wanted to see it pan out, to see them manage their problems and to work things out. I know now that the pull of the brothers means the show was never going to go down that route, but I still find it a shame.

Oh man I really dislike the Campbells.  And the alphas storyline. I'm here for Soulless Sam and Dean and their relationship.

Oh christ Sam has stupid sideburns.  Again.  There is no warmth from him to Dean.  It's heartbreaking.

I am really not down for watching a season of the Campbells.  I am going to carefully skip some episodes and potentially scenes because the Campbells are dull dull dull.


Ps: - I have curated a vanity playlist of the music I think Sam would have listened to in college.  It's on spotify, here.

2 comments:

Cassiopeia7 said...

I LOVE these and cannot wait to read your other takes!
(Sorry, bb, I really should comment on these HERE, too.)

Saranga said...

*blushing* Thanks!